Friday, May 29, 2009

A Helpful Conversation

I had a helpful conversation with my beloved wife last night. She reminded me that our God more often than not reveals his plan to his people at what seems like the last minute. This is true throughout Scripture and has been true through our life together. As I said yesterday, I wish this weren't so. I'd so much prefer that God make the path clear and smooth, that I would know well in advance what is going to happen so that I can prepare accordingly. But that is not the road to growth in faith. I recognize that. But it doesn't necessarily make it easy to accept! So I continue to pray that he will give me a revelation, showing me day by day what to do so that I don't wander aimlessly. But I will pray this in the confidence that he will answer--in his time.

No comments:

Post a Comment