Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 in Review - Part 1


This year was the first one in which I made a deliberated, focused effort to write regularly for this blog. I have enjoyed developing this outlet for sharing with others what I am learning and thinking about. Simultaneously I have been challenged and enlightened as I have expanded my own reading on other blogs. As the year draws to a close, I want to take the next few days and look back at some of the issues and posts that expressed some of the most issues most important to me.

In 2012 I understood clearly and affirmed for the first time that I am a feminist. As a feminist I believe strongly in equality and in the worth and dignity of all persons, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sex, or any other factor. Alongside this I have begun to recognize that people like me – white American men – need to relinquish the hold we have on power, control and privilege in our society, in the church and around the world. The time has long since passed when the “table” should be dominated by such a limited group of people. We need to make room for and encourage the full participation of women and other voices in our societal conversation. A few key posts in this area:




Woman up! (6/11)




Check in tomorrow as I explore other key posts from the past year!

No comments:

Post a Comment